A Quick Dive into CUET Syllabus 2022 and Previous Year Question Paper- Know Everything for the Upcoming CUET Exam 2022
This article will cover everything from the CUET syllabus 2022, previous year question paper, mock papers, preparation plan, etc. Read to know more.
CUET 2022: Under the New Education Policy, the Government of India has declared the Central Universities Entrance Test a mandatory admission requirement. Students seeking admission into various programs in central universities have to take the test. Earlier, the test was known as CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test). It has now been replaced with the name CUET.
CUET 2022 Important Updates:
- Registration Dates– 06 April 2022 to 06 May 2022. Visit https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/
- Tentative Exam Dates– The exam is expected to be held in two slots between the 1st and 2nd week of July 2022.
- Exam Slot Duration–
Slot 1: 195 minutes (3:15 hrs.)
Slot 2: 25 minutes (3:45 hrs.)
Why CUET Exam 2022?
The test attempts to change the workings of the education system of the country from rote learning to an outcome-based system.
Conducted by The National Testing Agency (NTA), CUCET is likely to dismiss the board results as the sole criteria for admission. It will save the students’ time, money and effort. And, the students will only have to prepare and appear for one common test.
CUET at a Glance:
|Exam Name||Central Universities Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Courses Offered||Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Research- Based Programs|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Centres||Around 150|
|Frequency of Exam||Yearly|
|Official Website Links||https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/|
CUET Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidate must have passed the 12th standard with a minimum of 60%. If the student is studying in 12th standard, they need to submit the required documents during verification.
- All Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- For UG courses: Minimum qualification of 50% for the General category. There is 5% relaxation for SC/ST students.
- For PG applicants: A 55% aggregate marks for the General category. There is 5% relaxation for SC/ST students.
- For PhD courses: The candidate must have a post-graduate degree in the particular stream with a minimum of 55% marks for general candidates. 50% marks for OBC candidates and 45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- For PhD applicants: Candidates who have qualified CSIR, UGC NET (JRF), GATE, and NBHM will have to register for the exam mandatorily. They don’t have to give the entrance test.
CUET Exam 2022 Test Pattern:
The CUCET exam will be conducted in 13 languages: Assamese, Bengali, English, Hindi, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odiya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
The test will be divided into the following sections –
- Languages to be tested through Reading Comprehension
- General Aptitude
CUET Exam 2022 Key Points:
- There will be 2 slots for the CUET Exam 2022 on different days. The exam slot will be based on the subjects chosen by the candidates. The two slots will be held in the morning and afternoon shifts.
- The candidates can take 4 tests in Slot 1 (morning shift). These tests include one language from Section IA, a maximum of two domain-specific subjects from Section II and one General Test from Section III (General Aptitude).
- In Slot 2 (afternoon shift), the candidates can take a maximum of 5 tests in the following ways:
- One language from Section IA & IB and a maximum of four domain-specific subjects from Section II.
- Two languages from Section IA & IB and a maximum of three domain-specific subjects from Section II
CUET Exam 2022 Marking Scheme:
There will be 175 questions in total. A candidate has to ensure to attempt 140 questions out of the total number. The exam will be set in an MCQ pattern. Every correct answer will carry 1 mark each. And there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
CUET 2022 Mock Test
Solving mock test help serve an important purpose. It helps the aspirants to practice from a varied question bank. It will enhance their speed and accuracy. Candidates who take enough mock tests stand a higher chance of scoring more.
CUCET Previous Year Question Papers
To learn about the exam pattern, candidates should go through the previous year’s questions papers and material. Visit the official NTA CUCET website to access the previous year’s CUET question papers.
The students can peruse the question papers from prior years by referring to some books –
- CUCET: UG/Integrated (UI) – Previous Years’ Papers & Practice Test Papers (Solved) by R Gupta.
- CUET 2022: 35 Practice Sets by Career Launcher
- NTA CUET General Test Book by Team Altis Vortex.
There are many other books and study material, available both online and in the markets.
Important Points to remember while practicing CUET previous year questions:
- Explore the sections and topics with the help of CUCET previous year question papers
- The student will have an idea of various topics that have been repeated in the past years to help you with CUCET 2022
- Students can manage time better.
- Students will know which section needs more or less time to plan the preparation accordingly.
- Aspirants would have an idea about the marking scheme which is important to stay focused.
Benefits of Solving the CUET 2022 Previous Year’s Question Papers
- Students can identify their strong and weak areas with regular practice.
- It will become easier for the candidates to improve the weak areas.
- Candidates will be able to determine the recurring topics and repetitive questions.
- It’s a good way of revising all topics and concepts effectively.
How to Find Good Books for CUCET Exam 2022 Preparation
Finding a good reference book is a task in itself.
- Pick the latest edition, containing all the updated information as per the latest syllabus.
- The preparation book should cover most topics prescribed in the CUET Exam 2022 syllabus.
- There should be ample exercises, questions and sample papers that the candidate can solve for practice.
There are many good and informative books available in the market and online. Students can refer to them while preparing for the exam. They can also refer to some books given below-
|Name of the Book||Name of Author/ Publisher|
|Arihant’s English Grammar & Composition||S.C. Gupta|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination||RS Agarwal|
|CUCET Guide & Practice Work Book||Sanjay Kumar|
|Verbal and non-verbal reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Objective Mathematics Vol. 1 & 2||R.D. Sharma|
|A Problem Book in Mathematical Analysis||G.N. Berman|
|Indian Economy: Performance & Policies||Uma, Kapila|
|Methodology and Perspectives of Social Science||AbhijitKundu|
|Concept of Physics Vol 1 & 2||H.C. Verma|
|Biology @ Your Fingertips||Rahul Chawla|
Besides, students can refer to their domain-specific subject books for both UG and PG courses. Also, the course-related school/college books prove quite helpful.