When it comes to designing a granny flat, do you find yourself feeling constrained by the amount of land you have? If that’s the case, a studio granny flat design could be the answer. What is the size of a studio granny flat? See here.
A studio granny flat might be as small as 20 square meters and as large as 55 square meters. As a result, they come in a variety of sizes, starting at half the size of a standard granny flat.
STUDIO GRANNY FLAT DESIGNS INCLUDE EVERYTHING YOU WILL REQUIRE
So, if you have a smaller home with insufficient space due to setbacks and floor space ratio regulations, consider a studio granny apartment.
Best Ideas for Studio Design
A studio granny flat is, in general, a self-contained home with everything in one room except a private bathroom. So it’s really one big room with a separate bathroom.
Include the following items in your “one huge room” design:
- Put a kitchen/kitchenette in the corner.
- A living/dining space that is open to the sky.
- A “room” that can be used for a variety of purposes. At the extreme back, there is a designated area (i.e., your bedroom and office).
A full bathroom should be included in addition to all of this, as it is in the ideal location for guests to utilize. This design is ideal for a studio granny apartment because it includes:
- More area in the open design living/dining area thanks to the kitchenette.
- Because the Atlas design example places both rooms (bedroom and study) on one end of the studio, there is more area for a lounge and kitchen.
Incorporating a bit extra flexibility into your design is another wonderful option for a pleasant, quiet room that you can use as both a living space and a home office.
In a 50sqm space, for example, your design could include:
- An open-concept living and dining space leads to a fully equipped kitchen.
- There is a built-in wardrobe in the one-bedroom apartment.
- A patio out front, as well as another space that can be used as a home office.
It’ll be a ‘Smart Studio’ thanks to technology
Technology is just advancing rapidly these days. The following are just a few examples of the greatest smart technologies available to make your studio’smart’:
- Locks and smoke detectors.
- Surveillance cameras.
- Adaptors (to watch the amount of energy you are using).
It’s vital to remember that in order to set this up, you’ll need a smart device to control it all, such as a smartphone or tablet. I came across this fantastic article that explains how to do so.
Conclusion:- A studio granny flat will permit you to have both a small workplace and living space in a tiny space if you’re clever and imaginative with your design. This makes them perfect for small spaces. Find out more about owner-builder granny flats if you want to save money and construct your own granny flat. STUDIO GRANNY FLAT DESIGNS INCLUDE EVERYTHING YOU WILL REQUIRE